Cyber insuranceWhat is cyber insurance?
Cyber insurance is a financial safety net to mitigate damage and losses in the event of a breach or other technological problem.
As well as putting adequate insurance in place, it is important for you to manage your own cyber risks as a business. This includes:
- Evaluating first and third party risks associated with the IT systems and networks in your business
- Assessing the potential events that could cause first or third party risks to materialise
- Analysing the controls that are currently in place and whether they need further improvement
Risk Ranking - IT/ITes
What does it cover?
As a business of any size, it is likely you will rely on information technology (IT) infrastructure to some degree. If so, you will be exposed to the risks of business interruption, income loss, damage management and repair, and possibly reputational damage if IT equipment or systems fail or are interrupted.
- Loss or damage to digital assets such as data or software programmes
- Business interruption from network downtime
- Cyber exhortation where third parties threaten to damage or release data if money is not paid to them
- Customer notification expenses when there is a legal or regulatory requirement to notify them of a security or privacy breach
- Reputational damage arising from a breach of data that results in loss of intellectual property or customers
- Theft of money or digital assets through theft of equipment or electronic theft
Our in house risk assessment team has years of experience in data and cyber security consultancy. We will assess the risk and advise you on the best practices and will also provide you the best in class tailor-made cyber insurance solutions to safeguard your digital business.